Subject: Re: File name syntax (WAS: RE: FW: Can not config sshd)
From: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:18:56 -0700

Chris Faylor wrote:
> 
> On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 03:27:36PM -0700, Bob McGowan wrote:
> >If the decision stands to change bash, doesn't that imply a need to fix
> >the other shells too?
> 
> Have you seen a lot of traffic about other shells having this problem?
> I don't recall any.

No.  But then, I also haven't seen a lot of traffic about people using
lots of //server stuff in scripts, either ;-)  

I was simply trying to point out a potential problem area, since any
application (shell or otherwise) working in a UNIX environment does not
need to worry itself about multiple slash characters anywhere in a path
name.  So, by implication, any application that uses paths, could
manifest this problem.  And since the application can be started from
either a command prompt or a shell, the further implication is that any
application handling paths would now need modification to be aware of
this special handling requirement.

-- 
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]