Subject: Re: FW: Can not config sshd
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Prentis Brooks <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:56:32 -0400

Prentis,

Prentis Brooks wrote:
> What I have found is that since this user has his home dir as / when openssh
> tries to create the /.ssh directory it does so with the following notation:
> //.ssh  which fails.

I'm not sure whether or not this is relevant but I found a HOME
directory anomaly in 1.1.1 that did not exist in 1.1.0 and earlier.
This may be related to your problem or may be not...

Given that I mount H: as /home/jt, if I set HOME=H:\ via the control
panel, then within Cygwin (eg, bash) my HOME becomes /home/jt/ (note
the extra slash at the end).  If I now set HOME=H: (note no backslash),
then within Cygwin my HOME becomes /home/jt.

In your case since HOME is /, may be due to the above problem you are
getting an extra slash too.  Hence, your HOME within Cygwin is becoming
//.  The // notation is interpreted by Cygwin as a network share (or a
drive letter).  So for example, when openssh tries to access //.ssh,
it can't find a share called ".ssh" and fails.

Hope the above helps and sorry if it is just a distraction to the real
problem.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]