Subject: Re: New Cygwin: "commands commence before first target"
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Bob Kline <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:26:02 -0400

Bob,

Bob Kline wrote:
> We tried the second solution, but it didn't solve the problem.  The
> first solution wasn't very attractive, at least for our project.  If
> nothing else, it destroys the usefulness of rcsdiff output, unless you
> insert some extra plumbing to filter the intermediate copies of the
> different versions of the files.  We settled on a third solution,
> recommended by several other list members, backing out the cygwin tools
> until we can determine whether the next version unbreaks things.

Another solution is to upgrade to make 3.79, which is tolerant of
carriage returns in makefiles -- this works great for us.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]