Subject: Re: CygUtils Version of zip (and Symlinks)
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:30:27 -0400

DJ,

DJ Delorie wrote:
> > 1. What is the best way to read the contents of a symlink file?  Can I
> > use open or do I have to resort to CreateFile?
> 
> Use readlink() and symlink() to read and create symbolic links.  These
> also work under unix.

I had already considered the above but if I build zip/unzip as
recommended then there is nothing in the archive to indicate that a
file is a symlink except for the system attribute which is ambiguous.
Hence, unzip will not be able to determine when to call symlink.

I will looking into building zip/unzip as a UNIX version and then
see what else breaks...

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]