Subject: Re: Setup.exe update problem
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: James Dumser <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:45:18 -0400

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 12:39:55PM -0500, James Dumser wrote:
>On Thu, 18 May 2000, 12:21:01 -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>> 1) There should only be one cygwin file in latest and it should be
>>    'cygwin-1.1.1.tar.gz'. If setup installed two files, that probably
>>    means that you weren't installing from an empty directory.
>
>Okay, I did have the cygwin-2000*.tar.gz in the directory before
>issuing setup cygwin.  But setup clearly indicated it was downloading
>both 2000* and 1.1.1 then it proceeded to install 1.1.1 and 2000* (in
>that order).  Is this the behavior you'd expect just because there
>already happened to be a cygwin*.tar.gz file in the current directory?

I would expect both .tar.gz files to be installed yes.  That's why I
mentioned an "empty directory" in my setup instructions.

It's a bug in setup that I don't have time to fix right now.
It has to do with the fact that we changed the naming from cygwin-yyyymmdd
to cygwin-x.x.x.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]