Subject: Re: Setup.exe update problem
From: James Dumser <[email-masked]>
To: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 12:39:55 -0500

On Thu, 18 May 2000, 12:21:01 -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> 1) There should only be one cygwin file in latest and it should be
>    'cygwin-1.1.1.tar.gz'. If setup installed two files, that probably
>    means that you weren't installing from an empty directory.

Okay, I did have the cygwin-2000*.tar.gz in the directory before issuing
setup cygwin. But setup clearly indicated it was downloading both 2000*
and 1.1.1 then it proceeded to install 1.1.1 and 2000* (in that order).
Is this the behavior you'd expect just because there already happened to
be a cygwin*.tar.gz file in the current directory?

> 2) Setup does not use install time to track updates.

Like I originally said, I have not tried to track down exactly what is
going on behind the scenes. I was reporting what I saw. Do you have a
theory that would explain why setup did what I observed?

-- 
Jim Dumser  [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]