Subject: Re: Crash in 1.1.1
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 00:04:15 -0400

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 08:53:08PM -0700, Ken Coleman wrote:
>Ok, I've got some potentially useful information.  Hopefully it will
>help
>
>What I discovered is that the new 1.1.2 candidate is not crashing per
>se, it's page faulting due to stack overflow.  I got a valid stackdump
>file, and by using it and GDB, I was able to see what's going on
>somewhat.  It seems to be infinitely recurring among the following
>three functions:
>
>sigframe::set(sigthread &, int)
>muto::acquire(unsigned long)
>WSFO

Yup.  I just checked in a fix for this.  Hopefully it will show up in
tonight's snapshot, assuming I didn't get it in too late.

I appreciate your debugging of the problem, though.  I couldn't
duplicate this on my Windows 95 system, so, using the addresses that you
supplied in your last email, I had to do a comparison of the assembly
language output from the snapshot versus a version of the DLL with
debugging symbols.  Then, I found that I could easily duplicate the
problem on my NT system...

I should have just waited a little bit and your analysis would have
made everything clear.

If you have access to CVS you can check out my changes and build
a new version of cygwin.  It should work better.

Thanks,
cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]