Subject: Re: Problems With CR-LF Sensitivity
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 20:01:19 +0000

Please have a look at the README. Cywgin will now mount the root in binmode by default, B20.1 used textmode by default. Sadly the textmode support seems to be broken in the newest v1.1.1, so just use v1.1.0.

---------------------------------------- Message History ----------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] on 16/05/2000 18:31

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  Problems With CR-LF Sensitivity

I've been using Cygwin for a while now.  I guess it was B20.1; it came as
a "full.exe" file, dated Dec. 5 1998.  It was working well, but I wanted
to upgrade to the latest, which I did when I saw the April 17 announcement
of the new "Net Release."  Immediately I had problems with files that have
DOS-style CR-LF line endings.  'make' won't take Makefiles in DOS format;
'bash' won't execute it's startup scripts in DOS format; ash won't execute
scripts in DOS format, and I'm not sure what else may be wrong.  I rebuilt
'make,' and that worked, but I'm not up to the task of rebuilding
everything.

I finally decided I'd try to make the time to report the problem today,
but I noticed there was a bugfix release (May 14 announcement).  I tried
that and still have no luck.  Am I doing something wrong?  Missing
something?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  If this is a known
problem with no solution, please let me know how to uninstall, so I can go
back to the previous version I was using.

Thanks in advance,
Xandy

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]