Subject: Re: SSH and rsync for NT
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: brandon <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:59:46 +0100

On Monday 15 May 00, brandon writes:
> > > 2) Rsync on NT.  Similar questions.  Does Cygwin have this or does
> > > anyone on this list have recommendations?
> >
> > There is a Cygwin port available but I am not sure where. Others on this
> > list will probably be able to give you the url. If not I'll look for it
> > and let you know.
> 
> I would love to have this if you get a chance. :-)

Brandon,

Rsync should build OOTB under cygwin.  I believe that rsync-2.3.2 or
greater is required, because 2.3.1 and before did not handle binary
files correctly.  (I'm currently using a post-2.3.1 cvs snapshot, and
it seems to work fine when invoked under cygwin, though I'm not using
ssh with it.)

You may wish to subscribe to the [email-masked] mailing list, or at
least check the archives.  I believe there are problems with ssh and
Solaris in the latest release(s), but I haven't followed the details
closely.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
David

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
  David Starks-Browning                  | [email-masked]
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468
 -------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]