Subject: Re: Installation problems: WININET.DLL missing when SETUP.EXE runs
From: "T. Kurt Bond" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "T. Kurt Bond" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

Earnie Boyd writes:
> --- "T. Kurt Bond" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > I'm trying to install the new net release of Cygwin on a new install
> > of Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5 installed.  When I try to run
> > SETUP.EXE it complains that WININET.DLL is not in the path and refuses
> > to run.  WININET.DLL does not exist at all on this machine.

(Just to amplify this, for the sake of another e-mail response I got,
WININET.DLL *does* *not* *exist* on this machine after a clean install
of Windows NT 4.0 and SP5.  I searched the entire disk using `Windows
Explorer > Tools > Find' and it's not there.)

> > Does anyone have any clues for me as to what is going wrong?
> 
> Do you have IE5 installed?  I believe I remember comments that if IE5 is
> installed and working that setup should work properly.

No, I don't.  The version of NT 4.0 I installed came with IE2. :-(

I'll go download IE5 and try again on Monday.  (The machine I'm
installing on has only limited access to the net, so I'll have to
download it on another machine and bring it with me on Zip disk when I
return Monday.)

Thanks for the help.
-- 
T. Kurt Bond, [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]