Subject: Re: cp, rm, date executables
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 18:16:07 -0400

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 03:06:25PM -0700, Dan Suslo wrote:
>Running setup installed the following executables into \cgywin\bin:
>        bison.exe bunzip2.exe bzcat.exe bzip2.exe bzip2recover.exe cmp.exe
>        cygwin.bat diff.exe diff3.exe egrep.exe fgrep.exe find.exe 
>        glib-1.2.dll gmake.exe gmodule-1.2.dll grep.exe gthread-1.2.dll
>        gunzip.exe gzexe gzip.exe libidl-0.6.dll locate.exe m4.exe
>        nsinstall.exe patch.exe runtest sdiff.exe sed.exe shmsdos.exe
>        uname.exe xargs.exe zcat.exe zcmp zdiff zforce zgrep zmore znew
>Both \cygwin\usr\bin and \cygwin\usr\local\bin are empty.
>
>Is it possible the 'setup' program ended pre-maturely?  It didn't appear
>to.  I know that our firewall requires that passive ftp be used, but that
>didn't prevent the files listed above from being downloaded and installed.

I have no idea.  Some of the above files are not even installed by setup.

When I asked "did you see it installing a number of packages" I was sort
of hoping that you would list the packages that were installed, i.e., what
setup reports it is installing.

All that you should have to do is run setup, hit enter once, choose an
ftp site, and hit enter again.

setup produces a .log file which shows everything that it installed.  What
does that contain?

>I had looked at the cygwin site as well as the two North American mirror
>sites.  But I just looked at one of the UK mirror sites and found the
>'full.exe' that the Mozilla site mentioned.  It just finished downloading,
>so I'll install it and see what I get.

full.exe contains a 1.5 year old version of the product.  If you found it
on a mirror site then the mirror site is not mirroring too well.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]