Subject: Re: Installing sshd1 on NT 4.0 server SP6a
From: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
To: brandon <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:03:33 -0400

brandon wrote:

> when I try and
> start sshd1 I get the following error:  error: fatal: Could not load
> host key: /etc/ssh_host_key.  Check path and permissions.

Check your /etc/sshd_config file for ^M's. It probably has a ^M on the
line that reads: "HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key".

Hint: never use a windows app (i.e. notepad,wordpad,etc.) to edit this
file.

-- 
Steve Coleman     <[email-masked]>   http://www.jhuapl.edu/
 High Performance, fault tolerant, distributed, real-time computing 
 <<-------->> Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory <<--------->>
Balt:443-778-6330 Fax:443-778-5597 Wash:240-228-6330 Fax:240-228-5597

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]