Subject: FWD: Need help with Windows port for GNU make (+ DOS pretesters)
From: [email-masked] (Paul D. Smith)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 09 May 2000 15:01:11 -0400

It was suggested to me that there may be people on these lists
interested in hearing this cry for help... if so, let me know.

Thanks.

"Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all.
> 
> Recently Rob Tulloh has notified me that he's no longer able to give the
> maintenance of the Windows port of GNU make the attention he would like,
> due to other demands on his time.  I would like to publicly thank him
> for his many years of dedication to and support of that effort, and I
> hope his workload eases in the future so he can spare us some more
> cycles! :)
> 
> This leaves us without anyone (AFAIK) on the alpha-test or pre-test
> lists who is actively supporting or testing the Windows ports.
> Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows system that I can even test
> the build on, much less the expertise to provide code fixes.  Indeed, we
> had some issues with the current 3.79 release on Windows :(.
> 
> So, if you are interested in helping pretest GNU make on Windows, and/or
> if you are willing and able to help answer Windows-specific problems (a
> good number of problems I see are related to Windows shells, etc. and I
> just don't understand the issues well enough to provide solutions),
> and/or if you would like to consider Windows-specific enhancements,
> please let me know.
> 
> Thanks in advance.
> 
> BTW, while Eli Zaretskii is still providing excellent support for the
> DOS port of GNU make, it would be great if we had a few more pretesters
> for this port, as well.  Let me know if you'd like to become a pretester
> for GNU make.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.ultranet.com/~pauld/gmake/
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]