Subject: RE: Strange installation errors
From: "Matthew Blakley" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:12:10 -0700

FWIW, I got some similar messages when I left bash running in the background
during one install.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 7:51
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Strange installation errors

Hello,

using the new setup 1.43 (from the Tennessee mirror) I tried an Internet
setup. The setup could download all files, but the installation failed for 3
files from 3 different packages with error messages like:

Installing gcc-2.95.2-1.tar.gz
/tmp/cygwin/cygnet/tar.exe: usr/info/gcc.info-2: Could not create file:
Permission denied
/tmp/cygwin/cygnet/tar.exe: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Unable to reset protection on 'c:\cygnus\cygwin-v1.1\usr\info\gcc.info-2' -
No such file or directory

So I re-run the internet setup, since I expected the setup would detect the
already downloaded versions, but all files were downloaded via ftp again
(successfuly)! And again the setup failed for 3 *different* files from 3
*different* packages extracting the files!

Since the download was both times succesful, I started the setup again to do
a local installation - and it failed again for 2 *different* files of 2
*different* packages. So in all installations the extraction failed with
different packages and files every time ... ! As nasty side-effect the files
that failed the extraction are missing after setup completion althouth they
were present before.

However, a fourth try with a local setup succeeded !?!

Has someone else encountered these weird extraction failures?

Regards,
Jörg

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]