Subject: Building tcl from source failed
From: Paul Berrevoets <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin-list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 10:35:58 -0400

I tried to build tcl from source (
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/latest/tcltk/tcltk-src.tar.gz )
using the latest version of cygwin (1.1.0). I ran src/tcl/configure and
then make and I got the following error:

gcc -s -nostartfiles -Wl,--dll -Wl,--base-file,tcl.base -o cygtcl80.dll
./panic.o ./regexp.o ./strftime.o  ./tclAsync.o ./tclBasic.o
./tclBinary.o ./tclCkalloc.o ./tclClock.o ./tclCmdAH.o ./tclCmdIL.o
./tclCmdMZ.o ./tclCompExpr.o ./tclCompile.o ./tclDate.o ./tclEnv.o
./tclEvent.o ./tclExecute.o ./tclFCmd.o ./tclFileName.o ./tclGet.o
./tclHash.o ./tclHistory.o ./tclIndexObj.o ./tclInterp.o ./tclIO.o
./tclIOCmd.o ./tclIOSock.o ./tclIOUtil.o ./tclLink.o ./tclListObj.o
./tclLoad.o ./tclMain.o ./tclNamesp.o ./tclNotify.o ./tclObj.o
./tclParse.o ./tclPipe.o ./tclPkg.o ./tclPosixStr.o ./tclPreserve.o
./tclProc.o ./tclResolve.o ./tclStringObj.o ./tclTimer.o ./tclUtil.o
./tclVar.o ./tclWin32Dll.o ./tclWinChan.o ./tclWinError.o ./tclWinFCmd.o
./tclWinFile.o ./tclWinInit.o ./tclWinLoad.o ./tclWinMtherr.o
./tclWinNotify.o ./tclWinPipe.o ./tclWinSock.o ./tclWinTime.o  tclres.o
-lcygwin -mwindows -Wl,-e,_DllMain@12 -Wl,--image-base,0x66000000
./tclEnv.o: In function `TclSetupEnv':
//indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/../generic/tclEnv.c:153:
undefined reference to `__imp___cygwin_environ'
//indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/../generic/tclEnv.c:153:
undefined reference to `__imp___cygwin_environ'
./tclEnv.o: In function `TclSetEnv':
//indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/../generic/tclEnv.c:267:
undefined reference to `__imp___cygwin_environ'
//indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/../generic/tclEnv.c:270:
undefined reference to `__imp___cygwin_environ'
./tclEnv.o: In function `TclUnsetEnv':
//indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/../generic/tclEnv.c:433:
undefined reference to `__imp___cygwin_environ'
./tclEnv.o://indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/../generic/tclEnv.c:502:
more undefined references to `__imp___cygwin_environ' follow
./tclWin32Dll.o: In function `DllMain':
//indian/export11/paul/cygwin/latest-src/src/tcl/win/tclWin32Dll.c:125:
undefined reference to `__imp_reent_data'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cygtcl80.dll] Error 1

I know how to fix this:

     __imp___cygwin_environ -> _imp____cygwin_environ
     __imp_reent_data -> _imp__reent_data

But my question is, why is the source 'apparently' out of sync with the
binary posted in latest/tcltk?
--
Regards,
Paul

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]