Subject: Re: UNIX programming
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Nimrod Vax <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:30:29 -0400

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 03:35:42PM +0200, Nimrod Vax wrote:
>I"m a student of computer science in the University of Bar-Ilan in
>Israel.  I need to write a unix project but I have a hard time with the
>developing environment which is not very user friendly.  is it possible
>for me to use the cygwin lib and by this be able to use the MSDEV
>environment as my development platform for a UNIX/LINUX application ?
>Where can I get information on how to do that ?
>
>Waiting for your reply,

Sorry, no.  Cygwin provides exactly that environment that you find confusing.
It does not have any interoperability with MSDEV.

-Christopher Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]