Subject: Problems compiling perl module Compress-ZLib with perl
From: Steve Kelem <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>, Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 13:54:06 -0700

I downloaded and installed the binary release of cygipc, and it installed the
sys/*.h files.
(Perl v5.6.0-RC1, Cygwin 1.0, latest download (as of yesterday), NT 4.0 SP6,
Pentium III 550, 256M memory)

Charles Wilson wrote:

> 1. Download, build, and install Compress-ZLib manually.
>    (you know, perl Makefile.PL, make, make install)

I tried this, and got the following.  Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Steve

% make
mkdir blib
mkdir blib/lib
mkdir blib/lib/Compress
mkdir blib/arch
mkdir blib/arch/auto
mkdir blib/arch/auto/Compress
mkdir blib/arch/auto/Compress/Zlib
mkdir blib/lib/auto
mkdir blib/lib/auto/Compress
mkdir blib/lib/auto/Compress/Zlib
mkdir blib/man3
cp Zlib.pm blib/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm
AutoSplitting blib/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm (blib/lib/auto/Compress/Zlib)
/usr/local/bin/perl -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp
-typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap Zlib.xs
> Zlib.xsc && mv Zlib.xsc Zlib.c
gcc -c -I./libraries/1.1.3 -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include
-DUSEIMPORTLIB -O     -DVERSION=\"1.08\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.08\"
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE  Zlib.c
Running Mkbootstrap for Compress::Zlib ()
chmod 644 Zlib.bs
LD_RUN_PATH="" ld2 -o blib/arch/auto/Compress/Zlib/Zlib.dll  -L/usr/local/lib
Zlib.o /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/libperl5_6_0.a
dllwrap --dllname Zlib.dll --driver-name gcc --dlltool dlltool
--export-all-symbols --as as --output-def libZlib.def --output-lib libZlib.a \

 -L/usr/local/lib Zlib.o /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/libperl5_6_0.a

Warning: no export definition file provided
dllwrap will create one, but may not be what you want
Zlib.o(.text+0x152):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzerror'
Zlib.o(.text+0x27b):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzread'
Zlib.o(.text+0x9db):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `zlibVersion'
Zlib.o(.text+0xe13):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzopen'
Zlib.o(.text+0x1029):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzdopen'
Zlib.o(.text+0x1423):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzread'
Zlib.o(.text+0x18cf):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzwrite'
Zlib.o(.text+0x1a8e):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzflush'
Zlib.o(.text+0x1c1a):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzclose'
Zlib.o(.text+0x1d8f):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzclose'
Zlib.o(.text+0x1efb):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `gzerror'
Zlib.o(.text+0x20e0):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `adler32'
Zlib.o(.text+0x2290):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `crc32'
Zlib.o(.text+0x25f4):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `deflateInit2_'
Zlib.o(.text+0x261a):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `deflateSetDictionary'
Zlib.o(.text+0x28c8):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
Zlib.o(.text+0x2bd4):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `deflate'
Zlib.o(.text+0x2da7):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `deflateEnd'
Zlib.o(.text+0x2f6c):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `deflate'
Zlib.o(.text+0x353b):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `inflate'
Zlib.o(.text+0x3582):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `inflateSetDictionary'
Zlib.o(.text+0x3795):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
Zlib.o(.text+0x4400):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `zlibVersion'
Zlib.o(.text+0x447d):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `adler32'
Zlib.o(.text+0x4493):Zlib.c: undefined reference to `crc32'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
perlld: *** system() failed to execute
dllwrap --dllname Zlib.dll --driver-name gcc --dlltool dlltool
--export-all-symbols --as as --output-def libZlib.def --output-lib libZlib.a \

 -L/usr/local/lib Zlib.o /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/libperl5_6_0.a

make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Compress/Zlib/Zlib.dll] Error 1
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]