Subject: Re: trouble with perl, libnet and CPAN on cygwin
From: Adrian Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Kelem <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 May 2000 14:29:59 +0200

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Kelem <[email-masked]> writes:

    Steve> I'm trying to install the latest libnet for perl on cygwin
    Steve> 1.0.  I get the following messages:

    Steve> /usr/local/bin/perl -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin
    Steve> -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0
    Steve> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap
    Steve> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap
    Steve> typemap MD2.xs > MD2.xsc && mv MD2.xsc MD2.c gcc -c
    Steve> -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O
    Steve> -DVERSION=\"1.00\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.00\"
    Steve> -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE MD2.c In file
    Steve> included from MD2.xs:36:
    Steve> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/perl.h:3185:
    Steve> sys/ipc.h: No such file or directory
    Steve> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/cygwin/CORE/perl.h:3186:
    Steve> sys/sem.h: No such file or directory

    Steve> Any idea where these files are supposed to come from or
    Steve> what a workaround is?

    Steve> Thanks for your help, Steve Kelem

    Steve> -- Want to unsubscribe from this list?
    Steve> Send a message to [email-masked]

I don't know whether this was correct or not, but i just commented out
those for now. I don't know whether cygwin supports shared memory but
even if it does not many perl modules will have need of it, and
especially the ones I was testing.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]