Subject: problems linking g++-generated dlls with VC++ applications
From: Marat Boshernitsan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 01 May 2000 19:58:30 -0700

I have a C++ application in Visual C++ that I need to link with a C++
dll that is compiled with g++ (is this even possible?).  The application
only uses extern "C" functions of the dll, so the name mangling
differences are not an issue.  What is an issue, however, is that the
dll has some global objects whose initialization does not happen when
the dll is loaded (I built a small testcase to verify that) by the VC++
application, whereas g++/cygwin applications that link against the this
dll are fine.

Is this a bug, or a known misfeature?  Any suggestions or workarounds?
Do I need to do anything special in DllMain?  Can I make some explicit
calls to ensure proper initialization?

Thanks in advance,

Marat.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]