Subject: Re: Tips oin getting Cygwin 1.1.0 onn your computer without using setup to contact the FTP
From: René Mühlstein <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:30:42 +0200

> All that you need to do is download the non-src .tar.gz files into a
> temporary, empty directory.  You may be able to do a wildcard download
> to accomplish this.  Download 'setup.exe' there.  Run setup.exe.  When
> it asks if you want to install from the internet (i) or the current
> directory (d), specify 'd'.  That's it!

This doesn't work for me on my German NT 4.0 SP 6a. The installation
process works fine. But when I start the cygwin bash und enter a
command like "ls" the system hangs. I have to replace the cygwin1.dll
in the bin directory with the one which is included in the setup.exe
(v1.32) manually. Then the problem is disappeared.

Another bug: uninst.bat doesn't delete the Start Menu entries on a
German NT. The directory is named "Startmenü" there (with an German
umlaut) but the uninst.bat file contains a wrong character instead
of the "ü".

Thanks,
René

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]