Subject: Re: Various questions - docs, paths
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:00:46 -0400

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 10:13:08AM +0100, John S Cooper wrote:
>o The FAQ and User's Guide seem to refer to B20 -- are there equivalent docs
>  for the new 1.1.0, or does everything in the older docs still apply?

The FAQ should make this pretty clear.  There is a disclaimer at the top
of the document.

>o What's the deal with these new "/cygdrive" path prefixes?

Check out the documentation that is referenced at the project web page:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

It actually does document cygdrive.  The user documentation should be relatively
up to date with the net release.

>o We have a Makefile that needs to pass the current directory to a (non-cygwin)
>  program.  If we use $PWD, we get the /cygdrive style path, which the program
>  doesn't grok.  Do I have use conditionally (our Makefile also runs on Linux)
>  call cygpath to convert to Windows style paths in all places we invoke this
>  program?

Yes.

>o Is there a way to tell cygwin to always use Windows style paths (with drive
>  letters) rather than the "unix" paths that are only understood by other
>  cygwin programs?

No.

>o I've seen people allude to a CYGWIN variable -- where is this documented?

In the documentation referenced above.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]