Subject: `make' problem in Cygwin 1.1.0
From: John S Cooper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: John Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Apr 2000 19:02:54 +0100

The following Makefile (note multiple colons) works fine with make version 3.75
(which shipped in Cygwin B20.1):

  c:/javabld/foo: c:/javabld/bar
          echo yo

However, with make version 3.77 (ships with Cygwin 1.1.0), I get the following
error:

  Makefile.ef:1: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.

(error occurs whether or not MAKE_MODE is set to UNIX, and also irrespective of
whether I invoke `make' with --win32 or --unix.)

How can I get this working again with the currently shipping 3.77 version of
make?

Thanks,

    --- John

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]