Subject: Re: Possible race condition with sigsuspend in new net release
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:21:59 -0400

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 08:16:14AM -0500, TOMMY REYNOLDS wrote:
>> I don't have any problems running zsh but there were some signal fixes
>> that went
>> in after 1.1.0 was released.  Could you try a recent Cygwin snapshot and
>> let
>> [email-masked] know if it works any better?
>> 
>I reran the test using the 2000-04-25 snapshot and got the same results: the
>stand-alone program hung but correctly ran to completion under the "strace"
>tool.

Ok.  I managed to duplicate this sporadically on my Win95 laptop.  It looks
like an incompatibility between Win95 and WinNT.

I've worked around this in the code.  I've just restarted a snapshot.  If you
want to try it, download today's snapshot from

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/snapshots/

Make sure that you download a version of the DLL which has a ChangeLog
entry that mentions "exceptions.cc".

I don't know when you'll be reading this but the snapshot probably won't
be ready for another hour or so.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]