Subject: RE: Weird behavior when using "-I" with gcc-2.95.2
From: Fontenot Larry A DLVA <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Fontenot Larry A DLVA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:03:50 -0400

Well, the only solution I could come up with was to compile with the
following:
	g++ -I /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include -I./ -c hello.cpp

I have since moved the contents of /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin,
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include, and /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib to /usr/bin,
/usr/include, and /usr/lib, respectively.  I thought that might help, but I
still need to compile with the following:
	g++ -I /usr/include -I./ -c hello.cpp

I even tried reinstalling the entire cygwin set with the newsetup.exe.  No
difference.

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Fontenot Larry A DLVA 
		Sent:	Tuesday, April 25, 2000 9:40 AM
		To:	Fontenot Larry A DLVA
		Subject:	FW: Weird behavior when using "-I" with
gcc-2.95.2

		I am having strange behavior when trying to use the "-I"
option to append to the include search path when using g++ 2.95.2-1.  For
example, I have a simple "Hello World" application:

		#include <iostream>

		int main(int argc, void ** argv) {

		  cout << "Hello World!" << endl;

		  return(1);
		}

		bash-2.03$ g++ -c hello.cpp
		bash-2.03$ g++ -o hello.win32.exe hello.o
		bash-2.03$ g++ -I./ -c hello.cpp
		In file included from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3/streambuf.h
:36,
		                 from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3/iostream.h:
31,
		                 from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3/iostream:6,
		                 from hello.cpp:2:
	
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3/libio.h:59:
sys/cdefs.h: Invalid argument

		Yet the file cdefs.h exists in
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include/sys/cdefs.h.  Have I overlooked the obvious
somewhere.  I can't believe "-I" doesn't work.

		Thanks,
		Larry

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]