Subject: Re: Downloading Cygwin with Setup Fails
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:45:38 -0400

On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 08:27:20PM +1200, John Hosack wrote:
>I tried downloading the new version of cygwin with setup.exe
>It failed twice; a setup.log file is below.  The temp directory
>was c:\empty and the cygwin root directory was c:\cygwin.
>
>I suggest a large file, rather than many medium sized files
>would be an easier option for many users.

Can I assume that you downloaded this from a mirror and that
you did not see my article:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-04/msg00473.html

I made a change to setup.exe which caused problems.  It would
have caused problems even if we had made one large file.

You are free to download all of the tar files in the latest/*
subdirectories.  Put them in one temporary directory, run setup
and choose the 'd' option to install everything.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]