Subject: /cygdrive/c/cygtemp/tar: usr: Could not create directory: No such file or ...
From: Andrew Cagney <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 09:49:24 +1000

Hello,

Installing Cygnwin on a very raw NT4sp5 machine I get the messages:

Installing binutils-19990818-1.tar.gz
/cygdrive/c/cygtemp/tar: usr: Could not create directory: No such file
or direct
ory
/cygdrive/c/cygtemp/tar: usr/bin: Could not create directory: No such
file or di
rectory
/cygdrive/c/cygtemp/tar: usr/lib: Could not create directory: No such
file or di
rectory
/cygdrive/c/cygtemp/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

I have a feeling that:

	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-04/msg00471.html

indicates that it is fixed and I just suffered from bad timing.

	enjoy,
		Andrew

PS: Suggest putting ``Net Release 1.1.0'' at the top of some of the
latest web pages.  It's really confusing trying to figure out if what
your looking at relates to this current release rather than previous
releases.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]