Subject: Re: gnuplot won't work with new net release
From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Apr 2000 17:18:07 +0200

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Weichmann <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tom> I am not sure what you mean.  I opened up a dos prompt and tried 
    Tom> cd /tmp and received an invalid switch error.  If I cd %tmp% it takes 
    Tom> me to C:\windows\temp, but that does not work in cygnus.  I guess 
    Tom> that the only fix to this is to port gnuplot to the cygwin platform, 

gnuplot 3.7 from

   o http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Foothills/6647/

compiles OOTB for me with the following configure command:

./configure  --with-gnu-readline=/usr/local/lib --with-plot=/usr/local/lib --with-gd=/usr/local/lib --with-png=/usr/local/lib --with-x

    Tom> instead of tring to get cygwin to communicate with the win32 port.  
    Tom> I heard once that Mumit Kahn had some kind of patch for gnuplot, 
    Tom> but I'm not sure exactly what it was.  I was hoping that there was 
    Tom> some kind of work around for this, but I can not think of anything.  
    Tom> Is there any way to set the CYGWIN env variable to prevent this 
    Tom> translation of file names?

    Tom> Thanks,

    Tom> Tom Weichmann

Ciao
  Volker

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]