Subject: Re: 3 bugs
From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: John Wiersba <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:20:40 +0200

Hi all,

For any file that Explorer can't deal with, try using this syntax in
cmd.exe:

  del \\?\c:\tmp\xxxxx

replace c:\tmp\ with the actual path using DOS style (backslashes) and
replace xxxxx with the actual underlying file name, like e.g. "t." .

The Prefix "\\?\" tells NT to do no parsing at all on the file name but
pass it to the file system driver unchanged.

This trick should probably go into the FAQ, we had a similar problem
before already.

so long, benny
======================================
Benjamin Riefenstahl ([email-masked])
ISION Internet AG
Ruhrstr. 61, D-22761 Hamburg, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]