Subject: Re: Where is stdio.h?
From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
To: Jeff Sturm <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 23:04:32 -0400

>There is a stdio.h all right (a simple file search will turn it up), but
>not in the conventional location of /usr/include (just as sh isn't found
>in the conventional place either).
>
>The gcc compiler doesn't need /usr/include, it knows where to find its
>include files, but you seem to have an atypical Makefile that looks for
>stdio.h itself.

I looked at the Makefile in Linux (the Windows box is off now) and there is no
mention of stdio. It's a diving make created by autoconf/automake using
Kdevelop. I can send it to you if you'd like.

Can you tell me what steps I need to take to get this working? Or should I get
the CD? Is it any easier?

>> The program also uses popt. Do I have to install that from source, or is it
>> included?
>
>No idea.  Never heard of popt.  Building from source is certainly an
>option...

popt is the parse options library. It handles --foo=bar and such.

phma

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]