Subject: Re: Basic Questions
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Patrick Ohnewein <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:35:51 -0400

At 12:24 PM 4/13/00, you wrote:
>Sorry for this question, but I didn't find anything related in the docs
>neither in the archives of the mailing list.
>
>Now is there some doc for cygwins-bash B20 available somewhere. I need
>to set bell-style=visible, because the beeping annoyes my coworkers. Now
>I tried to create an .inputrc file in my home dir, which seams to not be
>read. performing set bell-style=visible doesn't work, doing it in the
>.bashrc (which get's read from my HOME dir) doesn't work neither. So I
>tried to set the environment in the startup .bat-file. But it seams the
>shell doesn't care about the env var.
>
>How can I deactivate this horror bell :-)
>
>Another question how can I change LS_COLOR for ls, where do I get docs
>related dircolors
>
>Where should I perform calls to bind, to change keymapping, because
>.inputrc doesn't get read and calling bind in .bashrc doesn't have
>effect. And may be a BUG in bind:
>
># bind -p > ~/bindings
># bind -f ~/bindings
>
>sometimes does output that the file bindings doesn't exist and when it
>doesn't output any error message it doesn't change bindings.
>
>I am only able to change bindings from command line, how should I make
>them persistent?
>
>thanks in advance
>
>patrick

Regular bash docs will do here.  There's nothing special about the Cygwin
version.  I think .inputrc is only read for login shells (I could very 
well be wrong about this).  You must make sure your .login file is BINARY
format.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX
                                        (508) 560-1285 - cell phone

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]