Subject: Re: bash slow in telnet sessions
From: Alejandro Fernandez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:18:42 +0100

On Mon, 01 Feb 1999, you wrote:
>commands typed from the bash prompt (such as ls or cat) sometimes take
>more that 20 seconds before they return if I am logged into NT by
>telnet, whereas typing them directly onto the NT bash console works
>normally fast. (well, it could be faster there too, but these 20 seconds
>are clearly a telnet issue)

Not directly related, but can anyone tell me if there are similar (or
different) problems when using ssh to connect from a cygwin win95 computer to
linux boxes? I'm thinking of doing this so I can work from home...

Thanks,

Ale
--
Alejandro Fernandez
Webmaster
Sift Group plc., 100 Victoria Street, BRISTOL, BS1 6HZ
tel:+44 117 915 9600  fax:+44 117 915 9630    http://www.sift.co.uk
------------ "Vertical B2B Communities"

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]