Subject: [Fwd: 20.1 with GCC 2.95.2 problem]
From: "Joan M. Moss" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:06:23 -0500

-- 
J. Maurine Moss
First consulting Group Management Services
333 East 38th Street
New York, New York  10016
Tel:  (212) 297-3081
Fax:  (212) 297-4231
E-mail:  [email-masked]

Subject: Re: 20.1 with GCC 2.95.2 problem
From: "Joan M. Moss" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:56:31 -0500

I saw your e-mail on the web-site (
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-01/msg00038.html ) and
thought it might have bearing on the problems I'm experiencing.  

I am porting a program from the RS6000 (AIX 4.2.1.0) to my PC NT (4.0
Service Pack 5) using Cygwin B20.1  I want to access a DLL in
\WINNT\system32, Liba.dll.  There is aversion of it on the RS6000 which
I have been accessing.  Now I want to recompile my program and access
the DLL on the PC.  I do NOT have the source for the DLL.  With help
from Mikey, Oystein Johansen, Larry Hall, Jay Krell, and possible
someone else, I was able to create the import library, the .lib, and
compile, link and run.  When I execute the program it logs in and seems
to set up the ODBC connection.  It even comes back and prints out a
message saying that it logged in successfully and then it crashes.  I
get a message-box with the following message:
	PND.e.exe
Exception: access violation 0x00401222

I've tried recompiling with "-O2 -fno-strength-reduce" but got the same
results.

If I pass the login function an invalid passwd then the function returns
saying an invalid userid/passwd was entered.  This time the program ends
normally.  

Any thoughts or comments you might have on this subject would be
useful.  I really need to get this working.  Is there a work around??

Thanks for your help.
-- 
J. Maurine Moss
First consulting Group Management Services
333 East 38th Street
New York, New York  10016
Tel:  (212) 297-3081
Fax:  (212) 297-4231
E-mail:  [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]