Subject: Re: man pages
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
To: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Mar 2000 13:32:00 +0200

Hi Stefan,

>Hi,
>
>I downloaded the binaries for man from:
>
>http://www.hirmke.de/software/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_
>A/B20/man-1.5f-cygwin-b20-bin.tar.gz 

Yep, www.hirmke.de is my own site, but it is just a mirror for the files
on ftp.franken.de! Because www.hirmke.de is sitting behind a 33.6 leased
line, it is recommended to use ftp.franken.de for downloads, which has a
bandwidth of switched 10Mbit - a little bit faster, as you can see :)

[...]
>If I understand correctly you only need ncurses if you want to download and
>rebuild the source code.

Uhm, no, you have to have ncurses, if you use less, which has been built
to use ncurses for screen control.
My prebuilt less packages all depend on ncurses, the Cygwin 1.x less
AFAIK does something different, though.

>
>/Stefan L

Bye.
Michael.
-- 
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]