Subject: Re: DLL's
From: "Joan M. Moss" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:07:06 -0500

I am trying to port a C program from RS6000 to the PC (NT 4.0 Service
pack 5).  The program accesses a DLL.  There is a version of the DLL on
the RS600 and one on the PC.  I do NOT have the source code for the
DLL.  I have been able to create .def and .a files for the DLL (thanks
to some fine help from Oystein O Johansen and to the User Guide: Linking
Against DLL's).  However, I've run into a snag.  When I try to compile,
some of the functions cannot be found.  I get an error message saying
"undefined reference to 'Function_time@4'.  The function exists in the
DLL but it is named 'Function_time'.  To get the program to compile I
changed the .def file so that 'Function_time@4' was in the list instead
of 'Function_time' and then recreated the .a file.  When I did this the
program compiled and linked.  Unfortunately when I tried to run it I got
a message saying it was unable to find 'Function_time@4'.  This is not
surprising since within the DLL the function is known as
'Function_time4'!

My .def file looks like:

EXPORTS
Function_time@4
Function_name
 
Does this problem have something to do with the ordinals.  Should I be
providing them as well as the name?  

If any one has any ideas or insights they'd be willing to share with me
I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help.
-- 
J. Maurine Moss
First consulting Group Management Services
333 East 38th Street
New York, New York  10016
Tel:  (212) 297-3081
Fax:  (212) 297-4231
E-mail:  [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]