Subject: Re: Linking problem: IsWindowVisible
From: Axel Riese <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Jeff Sturm)
Cc: [email-masked] (Øystein O Johansen), [email-masked] (Cygwin Mailing List)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:57:56 +0100 (MET)

> > Hm, in this case you should have problems at compile time, not at
> > link time, shouldn't you ?
> 
> Not necessarily.  In the absence of a declaration, C will guess "int
> IsWindowVisible()", which in this case is wrong.
> 
> BTW you can catch such problems by compiling with -Wall:

Yes, clear. But I have my doubts that one can get an undefined reference
due to a missing declaration. Anyway, adding -mwindows or -luser32
should solve the problem.

- Axel

=======================================================================
Axel Riese
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation
J. Kepler University Linz                     Tel: +43 (0)732 2468 9939
Altenbergerstrasse 69                         Fax: +43 (0)732 2468 9930
A-4040 Linz                      e-Mail: [email-masked]
Austria              http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ariese/home/
=======================================================================

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]