Subject: Re: [ANN] PW32 the (alternative) Posix-over-Win32 layer 0.3.0 released
From: Jeff Sturm <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paul Sokolovsky <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:18:51 -0500

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> Personally, I think posting comparative data is useful to this list...

So do I.  If it mentions Cygwin, it's relevant... if it doesn't mention
Cygwin, it's not appropriate for this list... at least that's what
others seem to be saying, and I tend to agree.

Speaking for myself... I don't mind the occaisional off-topic
announcement, but there is always a danger that they can snowball into a
long non-relevant discussion thread, subverting the real purpose of this
list.  I've seen it happen elsewhere.

--
Jeff Sturm
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]