Subject: Re: The implementation of popen().
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jens Yllman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:50:57 -0500

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 06:45:18AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Jens Yllman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>  It is strange how many answers came to this thread as soon as someone
>> found something amusing in the text. What I meant was that popen() is
>> depending on for instance fork(). And fork() is depending on some other
>> functions. So I did not see any easy way to just take that code and try
>> to use it in my code. And I did not at once see if there were a simple
>> solutions to my problem. So that is why I asked here to see if anybody
>> know something about this.
>> 
>
>Your question isn't related to using Cygwin, it is related to incorporating the
>Cygwin source code into yours statically and that is off topic for this list. 
>As far as I know, no one has yet taken the time to build Cygwin statically so
>you're on your own in getting using the pieces and parts of the code into
>yours.

Thank you for clarifying this, Earnie.

Let me just reiterate that there are licensing issues if you attempt this
route, too.  If you link in cygwin pieces, your program will become
GPLed.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]