Subject: Error: 1007 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION while running gcc -MM
From: Jean-Marc Terrettaz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:06:19 +0100

Hi,

I didn't found any answer to the following problem in the mailing list
archive so I try to post it here.

I'm using Cygwin B20.1 on Windows NT 4.0.
I use gcc in my makefile to generate the dependencies for C files.

Here is the part of the makefile to generate the dependencies:

depend: $(ALL_CSRCS)
 @echo "generating $(DEPEND_FILE) ..."
 $(GCC) -MM $(IPATH) $^ > Depend.tmp
 @sed s/'\.o'/'\$(OBJ)'/g Depend.tmp > "$(DEPEND_FILE)"
 @$(DEL) Depend.tmp

Here is the command it executes when I run make and the error I get from
gcc:

<opment_tech_xx.yy.zz.aa.bb/basis_sourcecode/build: make depend
generating tech_Depend_win32 ...
c:/packages/E_CYGNUS_B201/Prg/cygwin-b20/h-i586-cygwin32/bin/gcc -MM -I.

-I../ch/rtc/business/example -I../ch/rtc/tech/checking
-I../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus
-I../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/errorQueue
-I../ch/rtc/tech/numberGenerator -I../ch/rtc/tech/dbService
-I../ch/rtc/tech/hostAccess -I../ch/rtc/tech/itManagement/notification
-I../ch/rtc/tech/presentation
-I../ch/rtc/tech/security -I../ch/rtc/tech/security/renoImport
-I../ch/rtc/tech/security/auditing -I../ch/rtc/tech/testing
-I../ch/rtc/tech/types -I../ch/rtc/tech/util
-I../ch/rtc/tech/errorHandling -I../ch/rtc/tech/util/statistics
-I../include -I../ref/include -IC:/Packages/E_JAVADK_1.1.6/Prg/include
-IC:/Packages/E_JAVADK_1.1.6/Prg/include/win32
-Ic:/Packages/E_TUXEDO_6.4/Prg/include
-IO:/packages/m_onte_2.12/prg/oci80/include
-IO:/Packages/E_VisualC++_5.0/Prg/vc/include
-IO:/Packages/E_VisualC++_5.0/Prg/mfc/include
../ch/rtc/tech/checking/Checking.c
../ch/rtc/tech/checking/CHECKING_NATIVE_Jni.c
../ch/rtc/tech/util/statistics/BaUt_StatisticHandler.c
../ch/rtc/tech/dbService/BaDbs_ConnectionJni.c
../ch/rtc/tech/dbService/BaDbs_StatementJni.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_TuxedoConnectionJni.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_TuxedoServerConnectionJni.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_ExampleServiceDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_JavaVmStarter.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Dispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/errorQueue/BaErq_ErrorQueueDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/business/example/ExampleServiceDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/itManagement/notification/BaNot_NotificationDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/security/BaSec_AuthenticatorDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/security/renoImport/BaRen_DemonDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/security/auditing/BaAud_AuditingArchivalServiceDispatcher.c

../ch/rtc/tech/testing/BaTst_TestServiceDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/types/BaTypes.c
../ch/rtc/tech/errorHandling/BaEh_Exception.c
../ch/rtc/tech/numberGenerator/BaNg_NumberGeneratorDispatcher.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Jni.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Topas.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Buffer.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Naming.c
../ch/rtc/tech/types/BaTyp_NamedValueMap.c
../ch/rtc/tech/testing/BaTst_Presentation.c
../ch/rtc/tech/errorHandling/BaEh_Exception_MT01.c
../ch/rtc/tech/types/BaTypes_AT01.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Jni_AT01.c
../ch/rtc/tech/types/BaTyp_NamedValueMap_AT01.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Topas_AT01.c
../ch/rtc/tech/communicationBus/BaCom_Naming_AT01.c
../ch/rtc/tech/presentation/BaPre_PresentationServerDispatcher.c >
 Depend.tmp
[main]
c:\packages\E_CYGNUS_B201\Prg\cygwin-b20\h-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe
1007 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[main] gcc 1007 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
gcc.exe.core
make: *** [depend] Error 11

Everything works fine if I run make in the following directory:

V:\INAT_Entw\tech_xx.yy.zz.aa.bb\basis_sourcecode\build

but it doesn't work if I run it in the following directory:

V:\INAT_Entw\development_tech_xx.yy.zz.aa.bb\basis_sourcecode\build

The only difference is the length of the directory path where I run
make.
Are there any limitations here ? I'm a bit surprised that the path
length is the problem because in the command generated by make all paths
are relative and not absolute, so the path of the directory where make
is run shouldn't make any difference, shoult it ? Or are the paths
converted to absolute paths internally in gcc ?

Thanks for any help,

Jean-Marc Terrettaz
ELCA Informatik
Bern, Switzerland

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]