Subject: bzip2: How install and use to unpack Cygnus Perl?
From: "James E Keenan" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:50:19 -0500

For the purpose of unpacking "perl5.005_03-cygwinb20-dynamic-v1.4.tar.bz2",
I have downloaded "bzip2095d_win32.exe" from the cygnus site.  I've also
printed out and studied the bzip2 site.  But I apparently do not have this
properly installed on my Win98 computer, because I'm getting no results.
The bzip2 site does not contain any instruction on this elementary problem.
So let me ask 2 very elementary questions:

1.    What directory should it be installed in?
2.    Do I run it from the Cygnus BASH prompt or from a DOS prompt?
3.    Is there anything else I will have to do after running it to further
unpack and set up the cygwin perl build?

I need to solve these problems so that I can delve into studying Perl under
the BASH prompt via Cygnus.  Thank you very much.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]