Subject: cygwin-inst-20000304 query
From: Brendan J Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 10:39:53 +1100

I have just downloaded cygwin-inst-20000304.tar.gz to update my
Cygwin(Net) installation.  I normally unpack that archive into
c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32.  Previous cygwin-inst-xxxxxxxx
archives have contained i586-cygwin32 or i586-pc-cygwin32
subdirectories, but the latest version I downloaded has an
i686-pc-cygwin directory.

I have unpacked the cygwin-inst-20000304.tar.gz archive to the
c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32 directory.  Is this the correct
place for it ?  Or should it go in c:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i686-cygwin32
?  I initially thought that latter directory was the right place but
then I would have to change my PATH environment variable to suit, but
the bin directory would only contain the updated binaries instead of a
full distribution.

What is the best way to go.  I think having the i586-pc-cygwin32 and
i686-pc-cygwin32 under the H-i586-cygwin32 directory works the best even
though it is counter intuative.  Maybe I need to upgrade my cygwin
release.  Is there a new Net release yet ?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]