Subject: Re: cygwin on wine
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:50:52 -0500

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 11:31:30PM +0100, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>both the cygwin tools and cygwin compiled programs _should_ work with
>wine.  I use mingw on linux to compile (small)test programs for my Wine
>hacking.
>
>If things don't work, it is well worth a posting on
>comp.os.emulatoirs.ms-windows.wine or the Wine-Devel Mailinglist
>[email-masked].
>
>As this is open source, things should be easier to fix, beside the
>pending wine limitations ( missing process separation(hopefully soon
>to be changed) and inability to run VXDs).

It is easy to verify that cygwin tools like "sh" do not run on Wine.
Here is the output:

> wine "sh -c 'ls; sleep 20'"
err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for KERNEL32.dll.622(SetTapeParameters), setting to 0xdeadbeef
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x6100af50,0) - no error checking or testing yet
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x6100af50,1) - no error checking or testing yet
fixme:security:LookupAccountSidA ((null),sid=0x61085704,0x42defbcc,0x42defbc8(20),0x42defb4c,0x42defb48(100),0x42defb44): semi-stub
ls: not foundConsole: Making console complex (creating an xterm)...
zsh: terminated  wine "sh -c 'ls; sleep 20'"

An xterm flashes quickly on the screen and then disappears.

This is what I meant when I said "No.  Cygwin does not run under Wine."

Possibly somebody who is really interested in getting cygwin working
under wine will be interested in tracking this down.  I just tried this
because this question pops up from time to time and I wanted to be able
to answer the question.

Oh:

wine -v
Wine release 20000227

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]