Subject: changing mount. (ttopp)
From: Thomas Topp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 21:06:04 -0600

hi,

i have been trying to change my mount point .

it defaults to :    c:\

i am trying to change root to:

    c:\cygnus\cygwin-20

HOW IS THIS DONE?

The documentation has two sentences pertaining to this. (enclosed ).

thank you.

-t

Directory Structure

Cygwin knows how to emulate a standard UNIX directory structure, to some
extent. This is done through the use of mount tables that map Win32
paths to POSIX ones. The mount table may be set up and modified with the
mount command. This section explains how to properly organize the
structure.

When you set up the system you should decide where you want the root to
be mapped. Possible choices are the root of your Windows system, such as
c: or a directory such as c:\progra~1\root.

Execute the following commands inside bash as it is difficult to change
the position of the root from the
Windows command prompt. Changing the mount points may invalidate PATH,
if this happens simply exit and relaunch bash. Create the directory if
needed, then umount / the current root and mount it in its new place.
You also have to decide if you want to use text or binary mode.

--
Thomas Topp
[email-masked]
(405) 619-9675

       "when it works... it works great."