Subject: Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 01:50:47 -0500

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 01:48:08AM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>> Anyway, the way that I debug the DLL is to put gdb and a "working" dll
>> in the same directory and then use that to debug a broken dll.  Since
>> Windows will find a DLL in the same directory as the executable, this
>> works fine.
>
>I did not know this. There have been so many warnings about "don't ever
>ever ever even *think* about having multiple cygwin.dll's on your
>system" that it never occurred to me.

It only really works with gdb and that is because gdb uses so little
of special cygwin things like fork/exec.

The general warning about avoiding multiple DLLs is still valid.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]