Subject: Re: GDB error 87 under Cygwin
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Brent Weech <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:52:17 -0500

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 10:33:54PM -0700, Brent Weech wrote:
>Where in the world in the Errors.h file that enumerates the error codes
>coming from GDB?  In particular, I am interested in error 87, as shown
>below:

That would be in the cygwin distribution.  In later snapshots it's called
"winerror.h.  If you grep for "ERROR_" you should be able to find the
correct file, whatever it is called.

>BLACKBOX> gdb h-hcube                                                    
>GNU gdb 4.18
>Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
>welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
>Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
>This GDB was configured as "i586-cygwin32"...(no debugging symbols found)...
>(gdb) r
>Starting program: //e/h-hcube.exe 
>Error creating process //e/h-hcube.exe, (error 87)

Error 87 is "INVALID_PARAMETER".  I'm not sure why this is happening,
unfortunately.

>I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere on the Cygnus and/or
>GDB mailing archive, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to
>get the wonderfully worthless ht://Dig search engine to accept phrase
>or boolean searches with any accuracy.  It has got to be one of the
>most frustrating search engine software packages I have ever used.  For
>example, try the following: On the Cygwin Project archive, a search for
>"error 87" set to match all terms or a boolean search for "error and
>87" both give 5474 matches.  On the same archive, a search for "error"
>gives (yes, I'm sure you can guess) the same 5474 matches! But on the
>same archive, a search for "error 193" set to match all terms only
>gives 21 hits.

Sorry.  I don't know anything about the search engine.  Possibly sending
email to [email-masked] might help.

If you want to debug this, you could grab a precompiled version of gdb from

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/ports/

possibly, that would work better.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]