Subject: Re: Trouble with Bash
From: Craig Lanning <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:10:41 -0500

At 01:42 PM 2/26/00 EST, [email-masked] wrote:
>In a message dated 2/25/2000 4:37:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, 
>[email-masked] writes:
>
>> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
>>  
>>  Does anyone have an idea what is going on here or what I can do to find
out
>>  what is going on?
>You ought to be able to track this down.  For example, you may need to make 
>sure that the Windows TEMP paths are directories without spaces in the
name.  
>You can change these under Control Panel/System/ to directories of your own 
>creation.

Thanks for the pointer.  Unfortunately, it didn't help.

Windows 98 has no directory controls in Control Panel/System/.  It also
doesn't have anything in the Registry.  The Windows temp directory on my
system is c:\win98\temp\.

Autoexec.bat contains:
  set TEMP=c:\tmp
  set TMP=c:\tmp

The interesting thing is that even though it complains that it can't create
the temp file, it does.  The c:\tmp directory contains many t<num>-0-sh files.

Any other ideas?

Craig

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]