Subject: Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:21:16 -0800

Hi DJ,

> > Also are there instructions somewhere on how to install and compile 
> > the snapshot stuff?
> 
> The snapshots are intended for people working on cygwin itself. 
> While occasionally people are directed to try the snapshots to see
> if they fix a particular problem, this is not encouraged as a
> regular practice.  Thus, there should be no need for instructions -
> either you're working on cygwin and know what to do, or someone has
> told you to get a snapshot, and they should give you suitable
> assistance. 

Ok.

> Most people can get away with just installing the new dll to see
> if it fixes the problem.  Developers may need the "inst" files, and
> replace your installed files with the snapshot ones of the same
> name. 

Well installing the latest DLL does not solve the problem because it 
appears the headers and libs need to be changed or something. So I 
suppose if the B20.1 works OK I should stick with it for the time 
being, as I hear a new stable net release is pending soon?

But then again I might just spring for the CD so I can have someone 
to yell at when things don't work ;-)

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]