Subject: Re: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:05:51 -0800

Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Ok. Someone has mentioned that the latest Cygwin snapshots are not 
> > very stable, so perhaps I should simply stick with the B20.1 release 
> > for now? Or is there a stable, later snapshot that I can install and 
> > use effectively (the latest DroolView one has the _ctype_ problems)?
> 
> I believe the DroolView uses a snapshot from January, 2000.  This
> would then be the case that you need to have objects and libraries
> built with the runtime headers for this snapshot.  I don't know if
> DroolView included the updated headers. 

Yes, it was the Jan 5th snapshot. Apparantly it does not have the 
headers because I installed everything again and had the same problem.

> > I am mainly interested in building X11 sources under Cygwin at the 
> > moment (so I can figure out the SGI OpenGL DDK without building on 
> > Linux ;-).
> 
> You might want to check the Cygwin-Xfree site and list:
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree/ .  I know that you need
> the newer snapshots to work with the libraries from this page. 

I have checked that. It says that I should use a new snapshot for 
better socket support, but which snapshot should I use? From the ftp 
site I see that the latest is 02-24, but some of the files only go up 
to 02-21. Do I just get only the 02-21 stuff or do I get the latest 
of everything?

Also are there instructions somewhere on how to install and compile 
the snapshot stuff?

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]