Subject: Cygwin V1.0 CD license?
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:51:07 -0800

Hi Guys,

I am considering purchasing the CD version of Cygwin, but I can't 
seem to find information the exactly what the runtime license for the 
1.0 product is. I only want this to build and potentially distribute 
Open Source projects, but the project is not GPL. Some is MPL'ed and 
some is X licensed.

So my question is, if I get the CD version 1.0 release, can I build 
projects with Cygwin and distribute the runtimes along with the exes 
and full source code, if the source is not under GPL? I read on this 
mailing list that this was the case with the new license, but I can't 
find information on this on red hat's web site (the FAQ seems to 
indicate you can only build GPL'ed code under the Cygwin license).

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]