Subject: Undefined reference to '_ctype_'?
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:21:39 -0800

Hi Guys,

I just installed the an updated Cygwin snapshot as mentioned on the 
woodsoup page which is based on the 2000-01-05 snapshot. I installed 
this over a B20.1 installation that I had up and running with GCC 
2.95.2 installed, make 3.78.1 and bash 2.03. After installing the 
snapshot files I then re-built make which worked fine. I then tried 
re-building bash but it kept bailing at the link stage with the 
following errors:

gcc -L./builtins -L./lib/readline -L./lib/readline -L./lib/glob -
L./lib/tilde -L
./lib/malloc -L./lib/sh    -g -O2 -o bash shell.o eval.o y.tab.o 
general.o make_
cmd.o print_cmd.o  dispose_cmd.o execute_cmd.o variables.o copy_cmd.o 
error.o ex
pr.o flags.o jobs.o subst.o hashcmd.o hashlib.o mailcheck.o trap.o 
input.o unwin
d_prot.o pathexp.o sig.o test.o version.o alias.o array.o braces.o 
bracecomp.o b
ashhist.o bashline.o siglist.o list.o stringlib.o locale.o findcmd.o 
redir.o xma
lloc.o -lbuiltins -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap -lglob -ltilde -
lmalloc -lsh -l
user32
/cygdrive/c/c/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-
cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/libtermcap.a(tputs.o): In function `tputs':
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/tputs.c:72: undefined 
reference to
 `_ctype_'
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/tputs.c:75: undefined 
reference to
 `_ctype_'
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/tputs.c:80: undefined 
reference to
 `_ctype_'
/cygdrive/c/c/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-
cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/libtermcap.a(termcap.o): In function `tgetent':
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/termcap.c:251: 
undefined reference
 to `_ctype_'
/cygdrive/c/c/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-
cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/libtermcap.a(getcap.o): In function `cgetnext':
/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/libtermcap/getcap.c:686: undefined 
reference
to `_ctype_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bash] Error 1

I read about this error needing the latest cygwin1.dll snapshot, so I 
downloaded and installed the 2000-02-24 snapshot dll (which for some 
reason when I unzip it with WinZip has a date of 2000-05-28?), but 
this made no difference.

So how do I solve this problem? Do I need to use the latest snapshot 
and re-build all the libraries or something? Where are some readme 
instructions on how to download a snapshot, compile it and install it?

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]