Subject: Re: 100% CPU with recent snapshots
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Rick Rankin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:04:39 -0500

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 06:20:07PM -0500, cgf wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 09:06:19AM -0800, Rick Rankin wrote:
>>With the recent snapshots (i.e., those I've tried since about 01/08), I've
>>noticed that when I start bash in a cmd.exe window, my CPU usage goes to 100%.
>>With the *very* recent snapshots (02/11, 02/21), I don't even get a prompt. The
>>window appears with the cursor flashing in the upper left corner, but no
>>prompt.
>
>You're not seeing any reply because merely posting an observation does not
>provide enough information to solve a problem.
>
>I've seen a lot of email from people saying "I tried the 7-15-99 version
>and it works and I tried the 1-15-2000 and it fails!" but I haven't gotten
>anything from anyone who has attempted to debug the problem.
>
>If someone wants to debug this then I'd be interested in hearing the
>analysis.
>
>It's not likely to be fixed otherwise.

Ok.

Corinna gave me enough information to try to fix this problem.  An attempt
at a fix should be in tonight's snapshot.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]